Lebanon, known for its rich history, stunning landscapes, and vibrant culture, also boasts a dynamic culinary scene. Its cuisine, deeply rooted in Mediterranean traditions and diverse local ingredients, is a delightful blend of flavours. Here are the top five restaurants that you must visit when in Lebanon.
- Em Sherif: Located in Beirut, Em Sherif is a culinary gem. The restaurant offers a unique dining experience, with a set menu that showcases the best of Lebanese cuisine. The restaurant’s elegant setting and the extensive wine list add to the overall dining experience. The ‘Kibbeh Nayyeh’ and the ‘Baklava’ are standouts.
- Al Falamanki: Also in Beirut, Al Falamanki offers a unique blend of traditional and contemporary Lebanese cuisine. The menu, curated by Chef Simon Zouein, is a testament to his passion for fresh, local ingredients. The ‘Fattoush’ and the ‘Shawarma’ are must-tries.
- Leila: Situated in Beirut, Leila offers a unique dining experience. The restaurant’s vibrant atmosphere and hearty dishes provide a welcoming setting. The menu features classic Lebanese dishes like ‘Tabbouleh’ and ‘Hummus’, all prepared with locally sourced ingredients.
- Babel Bay: Located in Beirut, Babel Bay is renowned for its blend of creativity and culinary sophistication. The restaurant’s modern decor and warm hospitality provide a welcoming atmosphere. The ‘Seafood Platter’ and the ‘Grilled Octopus’ are highlights.
- Tawlet: Situated in Beirut, Tawlet offers a celebration of traditional Lebanese cuisine. The menu, curated by a rotating roster of regional chefs, features classic Lebanese dishes, prepared with a modern twist. The ‘Moujadara’ and the ‘Knafeh’ are standouts.
These five restaurants encapsulate the culinary diversity and richness of Lebanon. From elegant establishments offering gourmet Lebanese cuisine to those offering a unique fusion experience, there’s something to satisfy every palate. So, on your next visit to Lebanon, make sure to embark on this gastronomic adventure.