India, known for its rich history, diverse cultures, and vibrant traditions, also boasts a dynamic culinary scene. Its cuisine, deeply rooted in regional influences and diverse local ingredients, is a delightful blend of flavours. Here are the top five restaurants that you must visit when in India.
- Indian Accent: Located in New Delhi, Indian Accent is a culinary gem. Chef Manish Mehrotra’s innovative menu showcases the best of Indian cuisine, with a contemporary twist. The restaurant’s elegant setting and the extensive wine list add to the overall dining experience. The ‘Blue Cheese Naan’ and the ‘Daulat Ki Chaat’ are standouts.
- Bukhara: Also in New Delhi, Bukhara offers a unique blend of traditional and contemporary Indian cuisine. The menu, curated by Chef JP Singh, is a testament to his passion for fresh, local ingredients. The ‘Dal Bukhara’ and the ‘Tandoori Jhinga’ are must-tries.
- Karavalli: Situated in Bengaluru, Karavalli offers a unique dining experience. The restaurant’s vibrant atmosphere and hearty dishes provide a welcoming setting. The menu features classic South Indian dishes like ‘Mangalorean Chicken Curry’ and ‘Kerala Prawn Roast’, all prepared with locally sourced ingredients.
- Peshawri: Located in Mumbai, Peshawri is renowned for its blend of North Indian and Central Asian cuisine. The restaurant’s rustic decor and warm hospitality provide a welcoming atmosphere. The menu features classic dishes like ‘Sikandari Raan’ and ‘Paneer Tikka’, all prepared with a traditional touch.
- Wasabi by Morimoto: Situated in Mumbai, Wasabi by Morimoto offers a celebration of Japanese cuisine with an Indian twist. The menu, curated by Chef Masaharu Morimoto, features classic Japanese dishes, prepared with a modern twist. The ‘Black Cod Miso’ and the ‘Wasabi Creme Brulee’ are standouts.
These five restaurants encapsulate the culinary diversity and richness of India. From innovative establishments offering gourmet Indian cuisine to those offering a unique fusion experience, there’s something to satisfy every palate. So, on your next visit to India, make sure to embark on this gastronomic adventure. Bon Appétit, or as they say in India.